The oldest “Way of the Cross” (Calvary) in Germany is located In Lübeck, the famous Hanze city in the North of Germany; it’s been there since 1493. With a distance of 1650 meters the walk goes from the St. Jacobi Church to the Hill of Jerusalem.
This year four sculptors were invited to create abstract sculptures in the form of a stèle. At the same time three sculptures were created to commemorate the four clergymen from Lübeck that were killed by the fascists during the Second World War.
Eight sculptures were created on total, in Swedish granite and in steel.
Sculpture for the “Way of the Martyrs,” placed before the Lauerhof prison, Lübeck, Germany.